Audi A3 delivered without ambient lighting package

I have just received my edition one which i ordered at the end of November 2021. It then included ambient lights. 
so if arrived today with no ambient lights . First thing I knew about it and speaking to the supplier they had no idea in the change which was post order. Has anyone had this problem and what can be done ! Pretty miffed 

On 10/14/2022 at 5:57 PM, pops greener car clean said:

I have just received my edition one which i ordered at the end of November 2021. It then included ambient lights. 
so if arrived today with no ambient lights . First thing I knew about it and speaking to the supplier they had no idea in the change which was post order. Has anyone had this problem and what can be done ! Pretty miffed 

What has the supplying dealer said? 

You need to speak to Audi customer services and file a complaint. 

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

What has the supplying dealer said? 

You need to speak to Audi customer services and file a complaint. 

Well the supplier didn’t know until I informed them and neither did the garage. The garage had to go on line to find that the specs had changed. 

19 hours ago, pops greener car clean said:

Well the supplier didn’t know until I informed them and neither did the garage. The garage had to go on line to find that the specs had changed. 

Audi should have notified the supplying dealer of the change. You might be able to refuse the car if it's not the spec ordered. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, similar problem and found a solution.

Ordered a standard edition 1 with metallic paint but otherwise standard in April 22, got the eventually car nov 22. Couldn’t find the options for the ambient lighting on the mmi, puddle light were in the glove box unfitted, no door lights. No footwell lights etc Asked the dealer and they said several new a3’s had come like this and it was just “how it was” due to the semiconductor shortage, theyd try get an answer from Audi. The eventual solution was £150 refund cheque from the local Audi dealer which I didn’t cash. Radio silence from the local dealer, no answer to my emails. Contacted Audi UK, asked to escalate the complaint. Mentioned ombudsman etc. Local dealer called back asked what I wanted and I basically said the missing parts. Told him that I couldn’t get the ambient lights done privately without loosing my warranty. They called me back a week later and offered a new car on the same finance terms for delivery May 23. Keep current car till then. New car 3 year agreement and same monthly fee. 

I was never given the option of rejecting the car due to the missing standard features. I didn’t really make a big fuss just explained it’s not what I ordered or expected.

let me know if anyone needs a hand with any wording, I can copy my emails. I was very clear from the start I wanted all correspondence by email for the audit trail.

Chris. I had two issues . The first was the very poor service level and the fact that the car was delivered without a dash cam, the second being the ambient lighting . So the ambient lights I was told nothing we can do about it and the service/dash cam trey gave me a years refund on my service plan . Never knew there was an ombudsman. I will put Audi on notice that I intend to go that route regarding the lights . Any info would be appreciated.

allan 

c.deano@ntlworld.com

On 12/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, chris.brig said:

Ordered a standard edition 1 with metallic paint but otherwise standard in April 22, got the eventually car nov 22. Couldn’t find the options for the ambient lighting on the mmi, puddle light were in the glove box unfitted, no door lights. No footwell lights etc Asked the dealer and they said several new a3’s had come like this and it was just “how it was” due to the semiconductor shortage, theyd try get an answer from Audi. The eventual solution was £150 refund cheque from the local Audi dealer which I didn’t cash. Radio silence from the local dealer, no answer to my emails. Contacted Audi UK, asked to escalate the complaint. Mentioned ombudsman etc. Local dealer called back asked what I wanted and I basically said the missing parts. Told him that I couldn’t get the ambient lights done privately without loosing my warranty. They called me back a week later and offered a new car on the same finance terms for delivery May 23. Keep current car till then. New car 3 year agreement and same monthly fee. 

I was never given the option of rejecting the car due to the missing standard features. I didn’t really make a big fuss just explained it’s not what I ordered or expected.

let me know if anyone needs a hand with any wording, I can copy my emails. I was very clear from the start I wanted all correspondence by email for the audit trail.

Sounds like a great result. 

I’ve literally had the same thing today when collecting my Audi a3 edition 1. Puddle lights in glove box and no ambient lighting.

If you could send your wording that would be very much appreciated.

I think the main thing is to make the dealer aware that you are missing standard options. Were you made aware of this at any point in the build and were you given the option to reject the car? The dealer would probably say there’s a waiting list of people that will take the car as it is.

DM me your email I’ll send what I have over.

Chris 

Exactly the same thing happen to me. Ordered Dec 21, delivery July 22 - wireless phone charging and ambient lighting both listed at time or order and missing from the car on delivery - and same thing - puddle lights in the glove box. Wireless phone charging I’m less fussed about as it’s slow, but the missing lighting is annoying as it’s so dark inside on the edition 1 without it, and ironically especially  in the centre console when you’re trying to plug your phone in with a cable at night. South London Audi have been shocking, they just don’t bother responding to emails.   If there is a issue shortage issue, that’s fine, but let customers know!

Edited by Paolo-B
Minor correction

On 12/25/2022 at 9:53 PM, Paolo-B said:

Exactly the same thing happen to me. Ordered Dec 21, delivery July 22 - wireless phone charging and ambient lighting both listed at time or order and missing from the car on delivery - and same thing - puddle lights in the glove box. Wireless phone charging I’m less fussed about as it’s slow, but the missing lighting is annoying as it’s so dark inside on the edition 1 without it, and ironically especially  in the centre console when you’re trying to plug your phone in with a cable at night. South London Audi have been shocking, they just don’t bother responding to emails.   If there is a issue shortage issue, that’s fine, but let customers know!

Definitely agree it's not on. 

• 3 months later...

Well the new cars here I just hope it has the full spec this time. Did anyone else get any success with the mis specced edition 1.

(4.5K miles in and I was just starting to get 47mpg too)IMG_0312.thumb.jpeg.b5fd0b0be722975be184959a6abe19f9.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ll be honest I drive 8 miles to work and back, and day trips at weekend. It’s nice, fast enough for what I need. I think the biggest wow are the matrix lights, but they seem to !Removed! of truck drivers on the motorway!?!

…its the most sensible car I’ve ever owned

how about yourself?

• Like 1

Glad you're enjoying it 🙂 yea I've heard the matrix headlights are good. 

Some Audi's such a s the q7 aren't coming with them currently despite being standard fit. Blaming it on chip shortage nonsense 🙄 

Well.ive got an old A6 c5 which is 21 years old. I love the car but engine diagnosed as terminal this week 😞 car is sentimental so not willing to get rid of it. It's been owned by my dad then me since it was new. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 3:07 PM, chris.brig said:

I read that thread, hope you can find a donor engine mate.

Thanks mate, might be looking at a totally different engine now. Just torn between options. Either way it'll live again. 

• 4 months later...

Hi - just saw your post as I was trawling the web for information re the Audi ambient lighting pack.  I just picked up a new Q3 S Line Black Edition that has no ambient lighting installed and the puddle lights in a box in the glove compartment, unfitted.  I am getting the sense that the dealership is taking no responsibility and offering no solution so any advice or wording you have would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks

Andy

andybull257@gmail.com

10 hours ago, Andybull66 said:

Hi - just saw your post as I was trawling the web for information re the Audi ambient lighting pack.  I just picked up a new Q3 S Line Black Edition that has no ambient lighting installed and the puddle lights in a box in the glove compartment, unfitted.  I am getting the sense that the dealership is taking no responsibility and offering no solution so any advice or wording you have would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks

Andy

andybull257@gmail.com

Speak to Audi customer services. If it was listed at the time of order and you've not been notified otherwise then they should do something. Especially under consumer law. 

I got my replacement 3 months ago and was fully specced. The main things missing were the door lights, and footwell/ambient lighting. I think it really depends on what spec you ordered/when you ordered it. When Audi gave you all the order forms to sign it should have included the spec. Audi Beam and extended ambient light package should have been on there? 
My first build was ordered May 22 and delivered October 22. The replacement car was collected 3 months ago. Specs change from time to time. They may offer you a refund, I think it depends on the dealer and what was agreed on order. I would approach Audi UK, if you don’t get anywhere with local dealer. That got things moving. Audi Teesside have been great I have to say, even had an s3 as courtesy interim. Check through your original documents. Make a formal complaint to the dealer, take it to AUDI UK if not getting anywhere. The dealers get a kick in the backside and tend to get things moving. Refuse a refund on the missing options see where it gets you. 
Chris