2013 Audi A6 2.0 TDI

Dog93

I was driving my car last Friday with no issues, I work from home so Saturday didn’t touch my car. Went to drive it after I finished work and noticed a puff of smoke from the exhaust followed by the glow plug error. 

Went straight to the mechanic and got word today that I need 4 new injectors a fuel pump and the fuel lines and tank cleaned out. 

I was quoted €3,500 in Ireland, as heart broken as I am I’ve paid for the work but wondering if it’s time to move on as I’m completely out of love for this car ? 

has this happened to anyone else driving this model ? 

On 10/20/2022 at 8:44 AM, Dog93 said:

I was driving my car last Friday with no issues, I work from home so Saturday didn’t touch my car. Went to drive it after I finished work and noticed a puff of smoke from the exhaust followed by the glow plug error. 

Went straight to the mechanic and got word today that I need 4 new injectors a fuel pump and the fuel lines and tank cleaned out. 

I was quoted €3,500 in Ireland, as heart broken as I am I’ve paid for the work but wondering if it’s time to move on as I’m completely out of love for this car ? 

has this happened to anyone else driving this model ? 

Quite extreme for all.those parts to fail.at the same time in my opinion. You probably should have sort a second opinion before having the work done. 

That type of diagnosis looks like the mechanic is diagnosing you ran the opposite fuel type meant for the car, ie petrol in a diesel etc or another containment was ran through the fueling system

If thats not whats happened i would seek a second opinion 100%

Hello Dee, 

Am I right in thinking that this work has been paid for in advance of being done - or at best - has been sanctioned to be done at the quoted price? 
If so, it sounds as if any advice re. alternative quotes are too late, and now you are simply asking if the car should be disposed of after spending that money. 
Perhaps you could clarify.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, 

Thank you all for your advice !! The issue was the fuel pump had failed and sent aluminium shards or dirt into into the engine 

Due to this 4 injectors were replaced along with the fuel pump and filter along with the tank being flushed out. 

The car was never incorrectly fuelled always was diesel never made that fatal mistake !! 

Car seems to be running well now but not sure if I trust it anymore 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dee,

That sucks... I'm sorry you went through that... All being well not a great deal else to go wrong with the engine as such... Having had all that done, if the rest of the car is still good then I would stick with it...

But having been a Ford man all my life, getting my A6 last March was a game changer - a quantum leap - so I'm still in the honeymoon period with mine. Got a £1,000+ bill coming this month, but still in love...

I hope it regains your love, and your trust.

Best Regards,

Tigger