2022 Audi 35tfsi cod.

james brown

Just purchased new Audi 35 tfsi cod,was surprised it came with spare wheel as my 2021 35tfsi cod was unable to accommodate spare wheel in boot because of the cod equipment in boot,where have they moved the cod device now? Is it in the engine bay? .

Hello James,

I must admit to a complete ignorance of COD, and had to resort to looking it up - now I know ( Incase on the off chance there is someone else on here who didn’t know either) - Cylinder on Demand. 
I’m now left wondering what volume it takes then to house the equipment that drops 4 cylinder down to 2, that negated room for a spare wheel in the boot -? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi I think European type approval have probably changed the rules again, to many Euro MPs !Removed! off at being stuck at the side of the road in the dark mucking about with with weird and wonderful bottles of compressed latex repair fluid or trying to inflate the already flat spare, my Titanium x ford I bought had a recall to have a full size tin wheel and tyre fitted along with a new jack and wheel brace station because a director of Ford U.K. had been left in some lanes in Wiltshire with only a pot of glorified puncture fluid to repair a four inch tear in the tyre wall, he threw his toys out of the pram and demands the Belgians built the cars with a proper spare wheel. Its a bit like the Holy Grail there is no point of looking for it as the car is under warranty.

Steve.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...