Help Please!!!!

Borat

My 2008 3.0 tdi cut out on motorway and wont restart. Code scan says 000802 Engine speed sensor no signal G28. I have asked some garage and they said it could be a crankshaft position sensor or camshaft sensor or some other speed sensor for like the abs. I am sure it cant be the last one as this would not cut out the engine for a abs fault?? Is there anyway to find out for sure as rosstech site says the speedsensor is crankshaft position sensor??

1 hour ago, Borat said:

My 2008 3.0 tdi cut out on motorway and wont restart. Code scan says 000802 Engine speed sensor no signal G28. I have asked some garage and they said it could be a crankshaft position sensor or camshaft sensor or some other speed sensor for like the abs. I am sure it cant be the last one as this would not cut out the engine for a abs fault?? Is there anyway to find out for sure as rosstech site says the speedsensor is crankshaft position sensor??

Hi if you are lucky the crank sensor is near the pulley on the front, if not it will be at the back of the engine underneath where the gearbox joins the engine its a pig to get at but doable, the ABS sensors have nothing to do with the running of the engine.

Steve.