ADVICE NEEDED: Insurance body repairs on 2021 Q7: Do I need to request Audi Approved Body repairs from insurance company?

I was hit yesterday (reversing truck on a junction!) and my 2021 Q7 needs extensive repairs to the front of the car, I do not yet know if the engine has been effected, the car is still under warranty. I have been referred by the insurers to Auxillus as this is a no claim job... but they have chosen BRM Coachworks in Epsom to repair the car. My concerns are; 1) if there are mechanical issues this company will not be able to tell (?): there has been no mechanical assessment yet and 2) the coachworks are not listed on Audi's approved body repairs list. Will this cause issues for me going forward? 

would really appreciate some advice!

Thanks

Hello Victoria,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and I think you are wise to seek advice. I should point out that my advice may not be comprehensive or indeed the best route, but this what I feel I would do if I was in your situation:- 

This doesn’t seem to me to be minor damage that can be sorted  with the offending party paying you to get it repaired without involving insurance companies - so I feel you are into potentially dodgy territory. 
Apologies Victoria - just having visitors arriving for lunch, so could I come back to you in a couple of hours or so? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Now back.

’I have been referred by the insurers Auxillus ( your insurer, or the offending party’s insurer?) - all important question, so can you clarify please. Recommended repairer not ‘Audi approved’…..
As well as answering the above question, I would suggest you contact you supplying dealer and get details of their recommended repairer, so you have that piece of homework covered in advance. 
Any finance/PCP interesting the car? 
Perhaps you can come back to us Victoria. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, 

You are right, damage is extensive. I have been referred to Auxillus by my insurers who are confident that it is a no fault claim for me, as I was stationary at the time. I have since posting spoken to Auxillus who have changed the repairers to an Audi Approved garage and made a not of my concerns regarding the possibility of mechanical issues that may have been caused which I am not yet aware of. She has assured me that the car will be reviewed for faults and any mechanical issues advised in advance. Does this sound better?

Thanks for taking the time to contact me.

Victoria

This sounds better Victoria, and no doubt you now have some peace of mind in knowledge that the car will be repaired by an Audi Approved body shop ( if it were mine, I would be checking with Audi that the bodyshop is indeed approved, rather than simply accepting the insurer’s statement). 
Apologies for throwing in some not so good news: - expect your  insurance premiums to increase at renewal, even though this will be classed as a ‘no fault’ accident, and your excesses will be  reimbursed. Yes, I know it’s unfair, and you are likely be penalised even though it’s not your fault. Be prepared for the bad news, and hope for the best. 
Good luck in getting the car back to it’s pre-accident condition. 
Perhaps you can let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.