noob - SQ7 question

nick07

Hello Nick,

You could try Brembo.
Hopefully other recommendations will be forthcoming. 
Perhaps you could come back to us when you are suitably armed with suggestions, and let us know what you decide. 

Where do you intend to buy your parts?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

to be honest i'll probably just go OEM, the wife & child use the car so shouldn't be scrimping on safety i suppose...

i use Autotec Northwest in Widnes for servicing/MOTs, have done on a few cars for the past 5 years or so - they are outstanding.

Ok Nick, 

‘OEM’ is the most misused term I have come across over decades. Sometimes it might be correct, sometimes it is totally fictitious. 
If you are trying to say that your chosen garage are going to use genuine VAG discs and pads ( with the discs in particular being expensive in comparison with aftermarket recognised brands) then yes, you will know what you are getting. 
If they are buying ‘OEM’ at best prices from their local trade supply motorfactors, then you take pot luck - in my book - and judging by your comment re wife and child, I don’t think this is where you want to be, otherwise I guess you wouldn’t have asked the question in the first place! 
Kind regards,

Gareth.