CD Changer Issue

thelettingskid

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the CD changer in my 2004 A8. When I select CD it comes up with the usual "Note; initialising Device, Please Wait...". However, this never goes away.

I have tried resetting the system using the three button trick and removing the changer fuse. Today I tried removing the changer unit and disconnecting it. Still not luck.

The changer powers up and accepts/returns discs. Anything else I can try?

The one thing I did notice is that, when pulled out but connected, the screen wouldn't open and I couldn't use any of the entertainment system. A little wiggle of the wires and it would come back on. Maybe a loose connection somewhere?

Cheers!

David 

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply. I've taken the changer out and removed the top but all seemed okay. I put it back in the car without the top on and the CDs loaded happily. I then try to select one and it loads, spins and then moves onto the next CD without playing it then repeats this process until it has gone through all the CDs. I therefore wonder if there is an issue with it reading the CDs?

I've found a second hand one on eBay for £35 so will try replacing it.

Cheers!

David

My "new to me" changer arrived and now I can play CDs. So it was the changer. However, the bloomin component protection has kicked in so the sound cuts in and out. If feel I'm getting there slowly though!

Thank you for the advice so far.

Is there an easy fix to remove the component protection?

Cheers, David