Single beep when brake pedal pressed

mark1969

Hi There

I wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, before i have to take to dealer. 

Car is - 2009 A3 Cabriolet

2 things have gone wrong, over the past couple of days that may or may not be connected. 

1. Everytime i press the brake pedal (when the lights are off) i get a single internal beep (If the lights are on then i do not get this beep) No warning lights are on at all - I have checked the brake fluid level all ok and around 6 months ago, had new brake pads all round, all lights/bulbs are working.

2. The soft touch boot switch has stopped working, the key fob will not lock or unlock boot. The only way of locking or unlocking boot is to use key (although when i lock the car using the key, i can hear the boot mechanism working. 

I'm not mechanically minded at all, but before i went i spent a load of money on a dealer, i thought i would check if anyone had any ideas what this may be. 

Very much appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks

Mark 

Hi Mark, 

My similar aged A6 makes a similar beep when off but radio on if I'm sat in it. I've wondered if it's the car telling me the battery is low on charge? It's just a guess but worth getting the battery checked maybe. 

Regarding the locking, I've had a similar issue in my A6. The driver's door lock mechanism controls the rest of the central locking it could have been tis which has failed? 

It could bakso be a broken wire. I've had both these on my A6. 

I will admit my central locking has stopped working again and wondering if it's the receiver. I appreciate this won't be the car with your car as the key is partially working. 

You could look at doing a key reset from videos in YouTube. Or try a spare key to see if that's working. If it's working then at least it narrows down the problem of the main key. 

Hi Steve

Thanks for your suggestions, 

I will do some more investigating at the weekend, it would be helpful if Audi had produced some kind of guidance on what these beeps mean, i've read some similar issues whilst searching the web, but no definite solutions.

Thanks again

Mark