Keyless Entry

Jay D
聽Share

Hi Guys, you are going to hear lot from me 馃檪

How big a job is it to add keyless entry to your Q5? I only ask as my Q5 has the rectangle shapes on the handle which to me indicates possible sensor for the add on but it doesn't have it or am I completely wrong and that square is nothing to do with keyless entry systems? Any help and support on this would be very much appreciated.聽

Thanks, Jay

• 4 weeks later...

Have you got a start/stop ignition button? If so, your car should have keyless entry.聽

Mine had the button, but the button did nowt and the keyless entry didn鈥檛 work. All the door handle sensors were water damaged. Replaced them all and now keyless entry and ignition work.聽

If you don鈥檛 have a start/stop button then I imagine it could be a bit of a faff to put in. It鈥檚 only a 2 min job to remove your door handle and look to see if there is there is a sensor in there and see if there is a connection to the wiring harness. Could be worth a try. Was only 拢35 for 4 sensors off of eBay.聽