car smoking on idle

Darren_a6_3.0_tdi

Hello my names Darren,

I'm new to the Audi scene and new to this forum im after some help!!

i have a A6 3.0tdi  ASB lemans Avant.

i purchased the car last year and it had already had the rear box removed, I already had a plan of removing cats as heard they sounded awesome straight piped.

so i purchased the darkside developments exhaust kit, once fitted i instantly started noticing blue smoke once warmed up and on idle.

it varies how bad it is some days it don't smoke at all (or i don't notice it) other days it smokes badly but only notice it on idle/

i looked up on posts on internet and its pointing towards injectors my question is had anyone else had this issue?

and is there a recommended place to send my injectors for tests or refurbishment 

Hello Darren,

Blue smoke indicates oil burning, and if it is, it would not be associated with injector issues. 
Could you carryout the following tests and come back to us:- 

Take the car for at least a 10 mile run to ensure the oil is up to operating temperature ( that will be quite a few miles after the coolant has reached temperature. 
Leave the car ticking over for a couple of minutes and then get someone to increase the revs to around 1500rpm and hold it steady at that, while you observe any smoke. 
Get someone to follow you in your car and ask them to observe any smoke that may occur when you accelerate - not daftly, just sedate acceleration. 
Perhaps you could let us know the results. 
Also confirm you are not confusing grey smoke with definite blue smoke. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Location:- King. Where is that?