Audi A4 Cab Additional Roof Sealer

Mario T

HI All,

It's getting towards those 3 days of the year when I may be able to let the roof down. Over the Easter weekend, I decided to clean and restore the roof. Would anybody know whether it is ok to apply Fabsil over the top of the Autoglym sealer I have just used today.? TBF I kinda messed up the Autoglym as I applied the sealer to a just damp roof. I think the way Autoglym works is it requires the water still on the roof and reacts and spreads with the water. Anyway Fabsil works differently and requires a totally dry roof. So I was thinking of brushing on Fabsil tomorrow as an additional coat to the Autoglym sealer. As always your help is much appreciated.

Don’t know Mario. I’ve always used Fabsil on our non-Audi sports. 
One tip - which I guess you will know - is to start at one side and work towards the middle, then continue from the middle to the other side to avoid a ‘tide mark’ at the stop/start position. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:10 PM, Magnet said:

Hi Magnet,

Thanks I have to say I bought fabsil and should have just used the autoglym cleaner and then fabsil. I decided to 2nd coat with Fabisil so answering my own question it was fine. TBF the fabsil seeped straight into the fabric which considering I had 'proofed' the day before didn't seem right. The fabsil has slightly darkened the roof colour. I will be using fabsil going forward. @Magnet what cleaner do you use please.?