Knock Noise - Any Experience?

Max2077

Hi everyone, I’ve been experiencing a strange knock noise and I’ve seen there are a-lot of people experiencing the same thing, not just with an Audi but a variety of cars. My car is an Audi TT 2l 2013 Petrol Coupe at 30,000 miles with full Audi history. 

When accelerating, even just touching the accelerator, I get a single knock noise from underneath and it’s on the drivers side. It is more obvious and louder in 1st and 2nd and still happens in 3rd. It can also happen when I release the accelerator and have some engine braking. 

Ive had a new drive shaft and swing bar fitted on the drivers side and its made no difference. I’ve also had the engine mounts inspected which are fine. Everything under the car is tight and nothing is loose.

I have no problems with changing gear and the clutch feels fine, as I say the noise happens when I’m rolling along in any gear for example, clutch is up, dab the accelerator and a single knock occurs. I’ve had the Suspension and brakes inspected and again all are fine. 

If anyone has experienced this and sorted it I’d greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Edited by Max2077
Missed Info

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Audi a4. It seems like from what I can see it’s a knock between the drive shaft and the gear box. I’ve tightened the cup to the gearbox with no luck of stopping the noise. Is this a gearbox bearing maybe?