New member and Avant owner

pa7206
聽Share

Hi, just got an A4 Avant this week after always wanting an Audi. It's higher mileage, just over 100k but great condition and decent history. Having problems with emission control warning light so any advice would much appreciated from forum members with more experience than me, thanks.

3 hours ago, pa7206 said:

Hi, just got an A4 Avant this week after always wanting an Audi. It's higher mileage, just over 100k but great condition and decent history. Having problems with emission control warning light so any advice would much appreciated from forum members with more experience than me, thanks.

Hi, to begin with is it diesel/petrol?, also what do you mean by emissions control light EML or DPF symbol, the easiest solution is get it scanned and come back with the codes.

Steve.

Hi it's diesel, dealer got it scanned yesterday and it came up with needing dpf regen, I took it out for good drive at 3k revs, but light has come on again today. Handbook shows emission control light, think it looks same as eml. No other lights on, and this light is constant not flashing.聽

21 minutes ago, pa7206 said:

Hi it's diesel, dealer got it scanned yesterday and it came up with needing dpf regen, I took it out for good drive at 3k revs, but light has come on again today. Handbook shows emission control light, think it looks same as eml. No other lights on, and this light is constant not flashing.聽

Hi it would be very helpful if you can find out what the code was that came up, my hunch is it was p2002 which is particle filter bank 1, thats the EGR cooler which is notorious for blocking and no amount of regeneration will cure that, what happens is the car regenerates as normal but the cooler stays blocked, try giving it a bottle of Wynns/Redex 聽DPF cleaner it should alleviate the problem for a bit but the dealer needs to re scan it and give you the code as well as check the soot load of the DPF which should be under 60 grams.

Steve.

Just checked on the service printouts from last service, it shows eml light on, dpf pressure sensor 1. Is it possible this is linked with the issues I'm having now? Will having the dpf regenerated as dealer has suggested be helpful?聽