Lead times on SQ8 and/or Q8 in the U.K.

Francis007

After almost 3 years into ownership of an S line Q8 55 TFSI bought from new , I have decided to replace the car.

I'm 75 years of age and not convinced at all about the schtick involving EV's and as this will probably be my last great car, I made enquiries with various Audi dealerships plus the broker, Drivethe Deal, about putting an order in for a new SQ8 .

Both told me that the lead time for a new SQ8 from Germany will be at least 12 months ! Now, I cannot wait that long.

However , I was informed by both sources that the lead time for a Q8 is 25 weeks.  

So, after a bit of mulling over, I decided to put an order in for a Black Edition Q8 55 TFSI in Mythos black with Drivethe Deal who were competetive on price. 

Since buying my present Q8 in 2020 the spec has change considerably. There is no such thing anymore as a " Comfort and Sound " pack. Instead I have specced a technology plus pack which includes everything the C and S pack had plus a heads up display and a panoramic sunroof and a City pack. 

Anyone else here have a different view on lead times ? 

So, I am a bit disappointed on missing out on a mighty V8 SQ8 but the V6 TFSI is ok and as my missus said I would have probably killed myself in the SQ8 !

Not sure as well at my advanced age whether I've made the right choice on a black edition with the black optional alloys but we will see. 

So, the plan is to do our usual 3 week road trip to Deutschland in October and hopefully when we return the new car wont be too far off.

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone else here used Drivethe Deal and if I dont PX at the Audi dealership, I'm thinking of going down the Webuyanycar route. Any thoughts ?

16 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I'd be doubtful on the 25 week lead time in my opinion. Most lead times are going over their estimates regardless of spec and model. 

Cheers Steve.

Have you any evidence that the quoted lead times aren't being met please ?

My cunning plan was to get rid of my current car at the end of October, just a few days after we get back from Germany. And then make do with my wifes 25 year old Vauxhall Corsa for a few weeks till the new one comes in. 

Just as a matter of interest the retained value of the Q8 looks like it is holding up well. That's if the WeBuyanycar website is pretty accurate and to be believed . Havent ever used them before but I logged on a few days ago and was quite pleased with the quoted figure. Either that or I will try a PX with the supplying dealership.

I'm quite relaxed if it takes a bit longer than the 25 weeks. However, if it goes on much longer than that I might as well have just gone ahead and ordered the SQ8 !

No evidence as such other than what I've been reading on forums and Facebook etc. 

All petrol and diesel car prices are going to increase in value as manufacturers start winding down production of petrol and diesel cars. Jaguar a case in point. They're reducing their new car lineup for next year for 3 electric vehicles only.