think tank taxing by the mile

Luckily electric cars won't become the dominant fuel choice in my opinion. Average household has 4 cars so infrastructure couldn't cope. Unless their plan is to stop us all driving which won't surprise me. Especially with the 15 minute cities, zone thing the corrupt, tyrants want to bring in. 

• Like 1

I’ve got six cars. One is under restoration which should take years to do, and one is a Triumph Herald 13/60 estate. I use the Triumph to carry my five dogs out for shooting or just general dog walking.  Last week I received notification of the road tax for the RS6 ; it was £600. My other cars have significantly larger engines so what will their road tax be ? I’ve decided to SORN the RS6 and put myself on the insurance of my wife’s Alfa Romeo. For the first time ever, the cost of road tax has made me wince. Using a car has now become seriously painful..

• Sad 1

On 6/2/2023 at 7:13 AM, Steve Q said:

Luckily electric cars won't become the dominant fuel choice in my opinion. Average household has 4 cars so infrastructure couldn't cope. Unless their plan is to stop us all driving which won't surprise me. Especially with the 15 minute cities, zone thing the corrupt, tyrants want to bring in. 

I don’t get out much so haven’t heard of the 15 minute City Zone thing, what is it please ?