2011 A6 C7 won’t go into 2nd gear sometimes

Alexl7895-

Hi, not sure if this has been asked and answered already. My car won’t go into 2nd gear sometimes when changing up from first. Changed gear box oil, and replaced clutch. The engine light didn’t come on when it wouldn’t go into gear up until the clutch was replaced, it now comes on when it won’t go into gear occasionally since clutch has been replaced. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, Alexl7895- said:

Hi, not sure if this has been asked and answered already. My car won’t go into 2nd gear sometimes when changing up from first. Changed gear box oil, and replaced clutch. The engine light didn’t come on when it wouldn’t go into gear up until the clutch was replaced, it now comes on when it won’t go into gear occasionally since clutch has been replaced. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance 

Hi have you scanned the vehicle for faults as that would give you an idea why the light comes on, my theory is the piece of loom that runs along the gearbox has not been replaced on its clips properly and is fouling the gear linkage whilst rubbing the insulation on one of the wires, other than that its the gear linkage is worn, they do a repair kit for the bushes, it might also be the rear mount gone soft, I had that on my car which made the gear change vague as when you changed down or up the movement on the tail shaft made gear selection difficult.

Steve.