Genuine garrett turbo ???

Nodwaa

could someone advise please.

my car was in for a tune and the turbo popped on the rolling road. the company said they wanted to make it right, so i let them sort it out.
how ever from day one the whistle has be extremely loud.

is this a genuine garret, and im looking at the turbo from dark sides website you can clearly see garret brand just to the side of this tag. its the only picture i have im afraid.

the garage that fitted said it was a genuine garret for the price of 450 plus vat.

i dont see any garret markings on it anywhere. im going to send it my usual mechanic this week but just after some opinions please.

thanks in advance

IMG20230611172133.jpg

13 minutes ago, Nodwaa said:

could someone advise please.

my car was in for a tune and the turbo popped on the rolling road. the company said they wanted to make it right, so i let them sort it out.
how ever from day one the whistle has be extremely loud.

is this a genuine garret, and im looking at the turbo from dark sides website you can clearly see garret brand just to the side of this tag. its the only picture i have im afraid.

the garage that fitted said it was a genuine garret for the price of 450 plus vat.

i dont see any garret markings on it anywhere. im going to send it my usual mechanic this week but just after some opinions please.

thanks in advance

IMG20230611172133.jpg

Hi they normally have Garrett on the outer casting in fact even a recon unit will have that, can you post a picture of that label with the build info, I rather suspect that the tune up that was mentioned was a remap that alone can cause problems depending on the level of mapping also did anyone explain what popped up with the turbo? codes etc as from experience I found any turbo fault throws the EML/Flashing glow plug light.

Steve.

sorry if i wasnt clear. yeah the car went for a remap. the original turbo blew right in front of me on the rolling road. i did have a problem few months ago of sticky vains so ive accepted the original turbo couldnt cope.
my usual mechanic was away at this time so the place i had it remapped wanted to sort it for me ( paid of  course) 

he told me that it would be a genuine garrett going back in. they showed me the old turbo and it was a mess all the fins had just chewed them selfs to bits.

so they have put this turbo on a new oil feed pipe oil and filter, but since taking the car back the 'new' which is in the picture is very loud something ive never experienced.

so ive taking the air box off today to have a look if any pipes were loose. i couldnt see anything and thats when i noticed garrett wasnt stamped on it and i was fairly confident garrett did this.  
the picture i have uploaded is the only one i could get really everything was still red hot so couldnt really get in. 

i should mention i asked them to take the remap off so its current back at stock.

but im not convinced on this turbo as i dont see garrett anywhere

Edited by Nodwaa