A6 Petrol Hybrid Vs A4 S-Line

Looking for some advice/input from those with superior knowledge.

Planning to buy a new car and looking at two Audi's...

1st - 2013 Audi A6 Saloon 2.0L Petrol Hybrid - 8-speed auto gearbox - 53,000miles - imported (possibly from Malaysia) has all the bells and whistles from what I can tell. But what's it's engine/gearbox going to be like?

2ndn- 2012 Audi A4 Avant TFSI S-Line 2.0L Petrol - Auto Gearbox - 55,000mioes - imported from Japan 1 year ago. Again has all the bells and whistles from what I can tell. But what's it's engine/gearbox going to be like?

I'm 37 and have 4 kids, want something a bit more upmarket but also to look decent on the road. I owned a 2004 A6 Saloon 2.4 V6 manual gearbox years ago and loved it but kids determined a change and now they are bit older I can get something for me again. Any pointers, help and/or advice would be appreciated. Cheers

Service history is key. Japan car will definitely be well taken care of due to Japanese very strict mot rules. Obviously make sure sat nav etc all works in English. 

Make sure auto gearbox and quattro system services are documented. 

Out of curiosity, what is making you consider imported Audi's instead of those originally supplied to the UK? 

Hey thanks for the input.

In all honesty I just went onto AutoTrader for a look and put in like max milage, max price, distance from me etc and these where two that came up and looked good value for ££ given age and miles on the clock just so happens once I looked into them a bit more they also happened to be imported was all. Liked the sound of the A6 due to being a hybrid so may save a few quid on my fuel bill but like the thought of the sportier A4 S-Line. Just curious what to look out for when viewing / test driving (I know the A4 radio is still stuck in Japan apparently can't get UK radio stations 🤷

Definitely worth watching buyers guides on YouTube. As I say service history is key. 

Dpf and egr issues are known. Check when Cambelt and water pump were lat changed. 

That's what I thought with the radio, it could be interesting to get it sorted.