Car pulling to the right in europe

Kamar

Hi all,

My 2021 SQ8 pulling to the right while driving in europe. But its fine in the UK. What could be the issue. My other cars don’t have that issues.

Kamar

What a strange thing to occur, only on European roads and not in the U.K.

I thought the previous reply from Steve Q might have hit the nail on the head, referring the problem to the lane assistance system , which in my opinion is a thoroughly useless system but you switch it off on start up as I do and I suspect many other Audi oweners do to. So, it cannot be that.

On an SQ8 may I ask what other " Auto safety systems " do you have that a base Q8 would not have ?

We travel to Europe, mostly Germany, at least twice a year and although the Autobahns are generally far superior to our Motorways in quality of surface, signage, degree of camber etc,  the more minor routes, depending on the region, can have pretty poor surfaces and bad cambers as much as some of our apalling roads at the moment.

May I ask what countries raods are you driving on when you experience this ? The reason I ask is that we generally tour two distinct regions of Germany on our travels. Saxony and Bavaria. Bavaria is the wealthiest region of Germany and it show in it's road network which is superb and Lower Saxony is the least wealthiest region and it genearlly shows in the poorer quality of the roads there  

Also, maybe as you are driving on the "wrong " side, on a poorly maintained road with a degree of camber on a road in Europe was the culprit in making your car pull to the right. 

Just a word about Audi safety systems and how they evolve and how intrusive they are. I had a Q8 purchased in 2020 andfor 3 years I carefully returned home, driving through a narrowish gateway into my drive with a hedge on one side.

Even at my advanced age I managed to do that safely without once activating the " pre-sense emergency braking system " on the car.

I have had my new replacement Q8 for just over 1 week. I have driven into my gateway a number of times since taking delivery and on every occasion, when turning in, the damn emergency system has detected the hedge or the gate post and applied the emergency system !!!   I come in at the same slow speed and at the same angle and with a fair distance away from both but it has activated every time.

These systems that the manufacturers are forced to fit are crackers in my humble opinion.

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Its a vorsprung edition has all options. I normally go to amsterdam port so through calais - ghent - antwerp. In amsterdam i tried to drive in b road with no traffic no lane devider. Does the same in slow speed. Pulls to right. 

No issues in UK. I spoke to audi they can’t do anything as they can’t test drive in Europe.

7 hours ago, Kamar said:

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Its a vorsprung edition has all options. I normally go to amsterdam port so through calais - ghent - antwerp. In amsterdam i tried to drive in b road with no traffic no lane devider. Does the same in slow speed. Pulls to right. 

No issues in UK. I spoke to audi they can’t do anything as they can’t test drive in Europe.

Can you not get it checked at an Audi dealer where you are in Europe? 

Or are you saying Audi in Europe won't touch it because it's a UK car. 

And UK Audi not interested as issue only happens in Europe?.

On 6/20/2023 at 11:51 AM, Francis007 said:

Also, maybe as you are driving on the "wrong " side, on a poorly maintained road with a degree of camber on a road in Europe was the culprit in making your car pull to the right. 

The opposite camber to the UK is more than likely the culprit...UK cars can suffer the same effect but the opposite direction (Honda CR-V is renowned for it)