Greetings All. New Q7 Owner

Loyal owner of many Volvo T5's for a decade..  I then bought my first Audi and became a convert 7 years ago and was hooked. Now that my beloved A6-3.0TDI-S-L has gone to the moon with the amount of miles it has done, it has been retired in favor of something a little bigger. This was love at first sight, with the ABT styling mods, but I creamed my kegs when I saw the interior (Love the seats & trim - just can't decide about the steering wheel - and might yet swop with my perforated black leather one of my A6)  

image.png.5b360311015895a40fcda45f40303910.pngimage.png.3d5dff9f9e494e181281cff649a78a0c.png

So you might be able to guess.. I have a tonne of questions about noises coming from what I was told was the adaptive air suspension.  It was noisy at start up and then noisy more as we drove on a bit, but eventually it settled down.  The noise seemed to be coming from the engine compartment rather than where I believe the AAS pump is located low right under the driver side seat sill.  The guy I bought it off said it was coming from the units for each wheel as the rubber degrades but that it was not defective, just age related noise (it is 14 years old).  I'm not so sure.  Curious if anyone on here recognises this one!?  It's crazy wide with those flared arches and H&K spacers

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

Wowzers thats a rare interior colour and would have been a very expensive option when new. 

Air suspension problems are well known on the q7 with compressor failure through to the suspension air bags failing. Expect expensive bills with it. 

Just a thought with the creaking could it be the suspension arm bushes? 

• Like 1

I originally thought the noise on my Q7 was from the front, but not so. I was the compressor, the noise travelling through the chassis. A new set of mounts for the compressor solved it, not the easiest of jobs if you don't want to remove the air lines from the valve block, but doable.

hope you sort it out..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

Wowzers thats a rare interior colour and would have been a very expensive option when new. 

Air suspension problems are well known on the q7 with compressor failure through to the suspension air bags failing. Expect expensive bills with it. 

Just a thought with the creaking could it be the suspension arm bushes? 

£4,500 I'm told for the interior mods when it was 12 months old.  It was a motor related noise of sorts, and it didn't persist after say 5mins.  I suppose this fits with it being air suspension related, I just couldn't figure why it would be coming from the struts perhaps and not the compressor, but Terry mentions the noise could just be travelling up the chassis to the engine bay, which seems plausible. I don't mind getting my hands dirty so I suppose I could always try swopping the compressor (buy one in anticipation of it failing at some stage anyway) to see if it cures it.  First thing to do I suppose is next time I run it, keep it stationary and get my head under the bonnet to try and locate the origin of the noise(s)  

6 hours ago, terry14 said:

I originally thought the noise on my Q7 was from the front, but not so. I was the compressor, the noise travelling through the chassis. A new set of mounts for the compressor solved it, not the easiest of jobs if you don't want to remove the air lines from the valve block, but doable.

hope you sort it out..

Cheers Terry.  Are these the two suspect mounts you refer to?  image.png.46e29109b9a33f3d0349f9de9fc81eef.png

Edited by Nick.Collishaw
updated info

hi nick, in your pic, there's just one of those fitted, there's two more different ones also.

i ordered mine from www.miessler-automotive.com part number VIB0-0000-Q700 38,50 € incl tax 

the 4L & the later 4M mounts are different.  Miessler are in germany, got mine within three days of ordering.