Break Servo Warning ABS

kamkamkamkam

Hi all,

I'm just venting!

I've had my Audi A4 (B9) from new and after 7 years a messaged popped up on the dash saying BRAKE SERVO RESTRICTED, CARRY ON DRIVING. CONTACT WORKSHOP.  

I took this as I can continue driving the car, and as I was due a service, I will sort it out then. The service countdown also started from 1000miles. 

3 weeks later, the brake warning light appeared with a message on the dash, STOP DRIVING! CONTACT YOUR SERVICE CENTRE. 

I immediately booked it into the main dealer. On top of normal service costs, they sad they will need to investigate the warning light, £140.

They investigated and said the car would need the pressure sensor replacing at a cost of £278.74

5hrs later I received a phone call to say that they change the pressure sensor but the car now requires an ABS Control Unit and Pump, at a cost of £4000. Yes £4000

Apparently, because I didn't change the pressure sensor in when the original message came up.. it has now spoilt the other bits. 

I'm astonished and wonder whether anyone has experienced similar? 

• 2 weeks later...