Newbie Here needing help with firmware and satnav maps

mark_uk
聽Share

Hi Everyone

I am new here so please be patent with me 馃檪

I bought an lovely Audi A6 2010 S-Line Le Mans Edition in Black and I聽love it 馃檪

It have a 6 cd changer in the glove box + a dvd player with 2 SD card slots too for the Satnav, I tried to use the satnav but a voice kept saying it is not active and 0 Satellites聽shown so took the DVD disc out and it is the original that came with the car in 2010.

How do I update the firmware and maps for the car, I am also not sure what version of MMI I have 3G 4G High, Basic ETC

I have attached a screen shot on the software versions but it means nothing to me, any help would be much apricated.聽

Regards聽

Mark

IMG_9956.JPG

• 5 months later...

Hi Mark,聽

not an expert and not sure how much help can I be of,聽

i went through this a few months back and found a useful picture detailing all types of mmi, from what i can see, you have the same as mine 3g low,(is not that bad)聽colours on the screen compared to my previous Audi. 馃槈

i tried to update my software and watched a few videos, followed the steps, downloaded the upgrade on a memory card and could not start it(needs pressing a few buttons at same time etc)I remember so I gave up at some point as my maps are a bit outdated but they work(compared to yours) also not really trusting the car gps when we have phones with more accuracy and different routes etc,

once I am done with my lights project, I will give it a go and try installing the software again and if I can make it work i send you the how to and all links

sorry for not having a solution asap.聽

IMG_0014.jpeg

• Like 1