No power steering and red steering light on

glen1979

Help needed 2007 audi a3 2.0tdi bkd for the last few months I've been driving around with the yellow steering light showing on the dash code 00573 steering touque sensor-G269-implausable signal and a 00778 steering angle sensor -tdb anyway on the weekend I changed the nearside front coil spring and when I went to start the car the steering wheel was rock hard and the red steering light was showing and the same 00573 code witch won't cancel ive been doing a bit of digging online and a few people are saying it needs a new steering rack am I right thinking the pump in the rack has gone bad and the steering touque sensor is built into the rack so it will need changing. Any help will be much appreciated guys. Thanks 

Edited by glen1979
Missed something

Thanks for the reply When it's not raining because i live in South wales and its always raining lol I'm going to cheak the wiring under the airbox and check around the rack for any tell tale brakes in the wiring I've seen a reconditioned rack on eBay for £220 do you know if they are plug and play? Thanks for the help fella 👍 

• 1 month later...