Another Air Suspenion Issue - 2008 Q7 - HELP 馃檹

Luke15
聽Share

Hi Everyone, I鈥檓 looking for some advice.聽

Recently purchased a Q7 for towing but I have an issue where the suspension will not lower at all and greys out all the suspension options on the MMI when you try to select any of the options.聽

I鈥檝e manually checked all the Release valves by unscrewing the valves from the valve block to check it would lower and all for corners have no issues there, so that rules them out being stuck or seized.

Compressor is working fine as when I do manually let the air out and then turn the ignition back on the compressor kicks in and it filled all the bags no issues with no leaks and then turns off to its last stored position (comfort or off-road)

I鈥檝e also changed the Valve block as it wasnt an expensive part to rule that out and it would give you all the options back on the turn of the ignition, but as soon as you select any option, it will greyout the others. (Just have to unplug it again and plug it back in to get all the options again)聽

So I鈥檓 now guessing it could only be a level sensor that鈥檚 stopping it lowering or it needs re-calibrating. I鈥檝e checked all sensors on all foour corners and all seem intact but I鈥檓 just wondering if ones failed and it鈥檚 hit a limit and it鈥檚 not letting it drop/lower to safe guard itself. .聽

Vag com is getting plugged in tomorrow so hopefully I will see a clear reason why it鈥檚 not lowering as well as seeing if it will lower when forced to via Vagcom/VCDS.聽

Just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue in the past and see what they did to resolve the the problem.聽

Thanks in Advance聽

Luke聽