Audi A1 (2011) 1.4 TFSI CAXA - Starting / Running Issue

Jake H

Hello, I am making this forum post as I need some help with my car, basically the story goes that my car was running fine until the water pump started to making horrible noises so I went about replacing it which was going smoothly, I replaced it but then the car wouldn’t start at all, the revs showed it went to about 250 - 300 revs but no start with no codes either.

I've then retraced my steps in what could have gone wrong and I’ve found that the timing was off by quite a bit so all I can think off is the timing chain must of skipped when I was undoing the bolts and because like an idiot I left the drive belt on, the crank pully moved anti clockwise when trying to undo the bolts making it slip some teeth.

Anyway I fixed the timing issue by replacing the timing chain and correcting the timing and it’s a good job cause my old chain was quite stretched out. I then put everything back together again and tried to start the car, the car kept cranking and not starting so I pumped the accelerator and then it finally started but sounded absolutely horrible like a bag of nails and it was jumping all over the place proper misfiring it felt like so I quickly turned it off and this is currently where I am, there are still no error codes so I need some help in what could the problem be please. 

The car is a Audi a1 2011 Sport 1.4 TFSI CAXA