Steering rack Module

LeighO

Go to solution Solved by James20245082,

So my Audi A4 2012 B8  got caught in a flood and it came up on the screen Steering defective but can continue to drive. So I carried on till I got home then it said steering unit defective STOP driving or something like that. Car still runs great a d you can drive if you fight against the PAS

Plugged in diagnostics got the errors B200049 Control unit faulty and C10AD29 sensor for motor position implausible signal

from some research it looks like it may be this module that's bolted to the bottom of the rack. Part number 8K0 909 144 E

Anybody else help? Until I unbolt it and see if it's physically fried then I guess I won't know for certain, just wanna make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. Cheers

8 hours ago, LeighO said:

So my Audi A4 2012 B8  got caught in a flood and it came up on the screen Steering defective but can continue to drive. So I carried on till I got home then it said steering unit defective STOP driving or something like that. Car still runs great a d you can drive if you fight against the PAS

Plugged in diagnostics got the errors B200049 Control unit faulty and C10AD29 sensor for motor position implausible signal

from some research it looks like it may be this module that's bolted to the bottom of the rack. Part number 8K0 909 144 E

Anybody else help? Until I unbolt it and see if it's physically fried then I guess I won't know for certain, just wanna make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. Cheers

Hi worth getting a second hand unit with the same number and give that a try as these things are sealed and not very repairable.

Steve.

On 9/21/2023 at 8:42 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi worth getting a second hand unit with the same number and give that a try as these things are sealed and not very repairable.

Steve.

Found a firm in Germany who recon them as couldn't find anywhere in the UK. And a second hand unit could pack up at any time. Do you think it could be anything else or is it more than likely this unit? Apparently they are prone to water ingress. Stupid design

6 hours ago, LeighO said:

Found a firm in Germany who recon them as couldn't find anywhere in the UK. And a second hand unit could pack up at any time. Do you think it could be anything else or is it more than likely this unit? Apparently they are prone to water ingress. Stupid design

Well done sounds a good option, if the code is for the unit it is most likely that thats buggered.

Steve.

• 3 months later...