Comfort module?

Djembi

Hello all,

First of all, I'm happy to be here and this is my first Thread. Second, please excuse my English grammar. 

Let me tell you what problem I'm experiencing and if someone knows where to look for the problem, please point me so I can fix it. 

I'm a proud owner of 2013's A6 3.0 204 (well now it is 300) bhp quattro avant. 

A few months ago I started to have some strange problems, expressed in this, that my ambient light ONLY on the right side (front and back) stopped working among controls for the windows (also can't control it from the left side), mirror folding and locking.  I don't know how but it fixes by itself and now I have the same problem. In addition, now I have a message start/stop system fault and windows rolling down/up from the key/remote not working. cannot lock the right side of the car. Can anyone tell me where to look for the problem, so I can fix it, please? Thanks!

Hello Stefan,

Welcome, and many thanks for joining, and for describing the symptoms so well. No excuses necessary for your great English grammar. 
I think you could well be right in suspecting the Comfort Module, but I would add that the lack of the stop/start facility, can be as a result of a sub standard battery, since these vehicles certainly depend on an efficient battery. 
Do you know how old the battery is Stefan? It’s unlikely that it is the original battery, but not out of the question. 
Would you be able to get the battery efficiency checked (unless you know it’s a recent replacement)? 
With any electrical issue, it’s always useful to be able to eliminate the battery as being a contributor to those issues. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Hello Gareth and many thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunately, I don't know how old is the battery, I haven't replaced it since I had the car at the beginning of 2022. Definitely, I will check it, because the problem starts when I start the vehicle; I press Start/Stop button, and the car starts after 2-3 seconds.  When I accelerate up to 90 km/h, ambient light and everything come back. Strange to me 🙂

Hello Stefan,

Electrical issues can be confusing, so always worth eliminating the simple things first. 
Apologies if this is known, but testing the voltage with a simple voltmeter is meaningless, and the battery (% efficiency) needs to be tested under load conditions. It would be worth getting the alternator output checked at the same time.

If a new battery is fitted, then it would need to be coded to the car. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Stefan.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Hello Gareth,

The alternator and starter were recycled 4 months ago when I was replacing the timing chain. Can you please, tell me what voltage is low for this vehicle? I'll keep the topic up-to-date, if we can help others as well. 

Kind regards,

Stefan

Many thanks Stefan,

Can I ask why the alternator and starter were recently renewed? 
Battery efficiency doesn’t simply depend on (‘static’) voltage - as measured when fitted to a stationary car ( this is effectively meaningless, as said) but the efficiency needs to be tested under load conditions where both voltage and its ability to maintain a high cranking current is assessed.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Dear Gareth,

The alternator and starter were recently renewed because anyway transmission was down for a timing chain change, and from auto service told me it's better if I do it now. On Monday I will go to a battery store so they can test it out, and if needed I will change it. I will keep it up to date 🙂

Edited by Djembi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the problem was from the socket where is the door hinge. I sprayed it with contact spray and the problem disappeared   🙂 Hepe this will be helpful 🙂 Cheers. 

• Like 1