Audi cabriolet exhaust - 1995 2.6E

Astech101

Hi guys, I need a new exhaust from the cat back. So here's a couple of questions: 

1. Do I need the centre box to pass an MOT? I'd like a nicer sounding exhaust so i can hear the V6 a little better.
  2. Are either the centre box or back box shared with the coupe or any other VAG car? Searches for a spec cabriolet exhaust is coming up a little lacking. 

Cheers, Matt.

No you shouldn't need the centre box for MOT as it's just a silencer. 

If you're struggling you could always upgrade to a stainless steel exhaust. I'd recommend powerflow exhausts as my friends and brother has used them and been happy with the results. 

• 1 month later...

Back with you now Matt, but not very conclusive I’m afraid. 
My 2003 Walker catalogue ( which would have been very much applicable to your year -then) doesn’t actually list the cabriolet, but does list the same middle section for both salon and estate V6s between 1994 and 1996 - Walker no. 21198. 
My theory for what it’s worth ( and an unproven theory it is!) is that the cabriolet had a unique-to-body centre section - possibly due to additional cross bracing etc.-? - and that section was probably never made in the aftermarket, due the relatively low volume demand. I could be wrong, but……

How much different to yours is the saloon/estate section??

Since you said you wanted something a bit more noisy, then the option forward would be to get your section fabricated in stainless, and modified further if that’s what you want. 
Sorry this isn’t conclusive, but at least you are now better armed. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.