A3 8p and a5 b8.5

Hi there I’m new here but couldn’t find anything related to this. So I’m looking at buying a new car and the 2 I’m looking at is the a5 b8.5 and the a3 8p both are the 2.0 tfsi engine. I’ve done some research and found out that the a5 between 2008-11 had a fuel consumption issue so that’s why I’m looking at the facelift model which apparently had those resolved. Is that true seen some places saying it has been fixed some places say it hasn’t. The a3 I’m looking at is 2010 onwards maybe earlier. I do know that the a3 had other issues like carbon build up and high pressure pump but these can be prevented by maintenance. But I’m just wondering did is the 2.0 Tfsi in the a3 the same as the a5? 

Also if maintained is there any other major issues with the a3? 

Also for reference I’m not looking at the best examples of theses cars I’m just trying to get in one so looking at high mileage cars on the cheaper end. 

It's oil consumption issues on the A5 2.0tfsi. as you're looking at high mileage cheap ones I'd avoid the A5, as you could be buying trouble. 

Service history is key. Check to see if gearbox oil services have been done along with haladex services on Quattro models. Make sure all.lights work, AC works etc as they can be expensive to replace. 

9 hours ago, Mohamadhussein said:

Thanks but the 2.0 Tfsi in the a3 doesn’t have the oil consumption issues right?

Not as much but anything possible with old high mileage cars!