RS4 B7 Failing to start

evopilot

has anybody ever experienced this:

When not used the car in a number of hours i get to the car ignition on and press the start button and all you can here is a small click of the relay under the steering column. Ive you hold down on the start button you will hear a second click of the relay too but the car wont turn over.

No matter how many times you press the button or how long you press it nothing happens apart from that relay clicking.

If you go off for 5-6 minutes and come back to the car and try start it then it will 99% of the time turn over and start as normal.

Before i go buying a new starter motor or battery i wanted to put it out there in-case somebody else came across this issue, my gut is telling me its one of them

Hello Andrew,

Simple and low/no-cost options first - get the battery efficiency check at a Halfords store. 
Let us know if it tests below par, and we should be able to suggest alternative suppliers.

If it tests as serviceable then at least you will have eliminated the battery as being a potential culprit. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.