Issue with blower

AFOT

Hi Guys, I hope someone can help me with a problem I am having with my 2019 Q7

The AC blower stopped working.  All function on the dash were all working fine no issues.  I checked the fuse, all good, I then took out the blower unit itself and replaced it with 2 secont hand working blowers and it still does not work.  I checked for power through the cable that goes into blower and got 12v so i lost as to where the problem lies.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Allan

I hopefully will be doing this today with my diagnostic tool.  There were no issues on dash when it happened but this is one of the routes im takin now..  thanks for the reply, much appreciated

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the reply, The 2019 model seem quite a bit different to the older models ai have seen.  the resistor is part of the blower and not a single entity..  I first assumed this is what the problem was and got a second hand (working) blower and it didn't work.  i got another one and same issue it would not work..So i am either very unlucky or there is an issue elsewhere. I received the connection and cable with one of the blower so i am trying to test the blowers manually by peeling the cables and attaching them to a battery however i am struggling with the colours and to be on the safe side asking if anyone on on here know the positive to negative and if the purple thinner cable needs to be made live to make them work.

I dont know if this is something you might know?

Many thanks for trying to help, very much appreciated

Allan

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, AFOT said:

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the reply, The 2019 model seem quite a bit different to the older models ai have seen.  the resistor is part of the blower and not a single entity..  I first assumed this is what the problem was and got a second hand (working) blower and it didn't work.  i got another one and same issue it would not work..So i am either very unlucky or there is an issue elsewhere. I received the connection and cable with one of the blower so i am trying to test the blowers manually by peeling the cables and attaching them to a battery however i am struggling with the colours and to be on the safe side asking if anyone on on here know the positive to negative and if the purple thinner cable needs to be made live to make them work.

I dont know if this is something you might know?

Many thanks for trying to help, very much appreciated

Allan

image.jpeg

Hi I think the red is power the brown is earth and the purple its the signal wire, easiest way is check the feed plug with a multimeter to see which one has power when you hit the switch, the colours on the feed should match the wires the other side.

Yea there is no way of seeing which wire goes to which feed unfortunately..  all I need to figure out is which is the positive and which is the negative to give them a go…. Thanks for your help;)

This may be a stupid question, but would I need to clear faults to make a new blower I have work or should this power up once it is connected up regardless?  Also would I need to have all connections in place before this will work again such as glovebox, airbag etc?  I am clutching at straws with this an considering every possibility.

I went through all fuses and came across a blown 20a on the fuse on the passenger side box. Fuse panel c (black) which was named "sockets". I thought, finally I have found the problem... No it still never worked!

Edited by AFOT

4 hours ago, AFOT said:

This may be a stupid question, but would I need to clear faults to make a new blower I have work or should this power up once it is connected up regardless?  Also would I need to have all connections in place before this will work again such as glovebox, airbag etc?  I am clutching at straws with this an considering every possibility.

I went through all fuses and came across a blown 20a on the fuse on the passenger side box. Fuse panel c (black) which was named "sockets". I thought, finally I have found the problem... No it still never worked!

Hi it may well be an idea to clear the faults as the system often hangs on to them and it may not realise the fault has gone,

Hi again, 

After clearing. few electronic faults and all faults on the air con side 2 remain a constant:  active/static Local data bus 2 - no connection. error code U10C700. and Active/static Infromation Electronics Control module 1 - no Communication. error code U105400

I must point out though although i have connected the blower to its powerpoint i still have the glove box off (lighting connections not plugged in) along with the cd player(not plugged in) and passenger airbag(not plugged in) so i dont know if these errors pertain to this open circuits or if there relate to the blower issue i am having?

Also whenever i use the ac control such as changing where the air should flow and aircon max etc all the flaps are active and working along with heated seats so this seems to all work.  

Head scratcher again, thanks for any help with this one hopefully almost at the cause of the issue

Edited by AFOT

**Update. after connecting all the glove  box and passenger airbag up ran another diagnostic check and now the only one that stays on is error U10C700 Local Dat Bus2 - No communication.  With this being in the air control section fairly sure this is what is stopping my blower from working.  I cant see much on internet about this error so if anyone can shed light on it would be much appreciated. thanks