2011 TDI Q5 Blower motor heating problem

courtneyg85

Hi everyone, can anyone provide any insight into a problem I'm experiencing with my blower motor. When I set it to temperature it will blow out warm air (eg on 22 or above). After the car has been on for maybe 20 to 30 minutes (when the oil temperature gets to 90) the air then becomes cool firstly from the middle vents. If I turn up the temperature to 23 it will begin blowing hot air again but will soon cool down and if I repeat the steps the process continues. Could the blower motor be the problem, is the blower motor resister the problem or is it something else? I've been to a few garages but I don't think they've left the car on long enough to experience the problem. The cars blower motor was replaced 3 years ago when I purchased it and I wonder if they replaced the resistor as well as I know both should usually be done together. I do have a VAG com, would this help provide a clearer diagnosis?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has experienced the problem please let me know how you resolved it.

Thank you

8 hours ago, courtneyg85 said:

Hi everyone, can anyone provide any insight into a problem I'm experiencing with my blower motor. When I set it to temperature it will blow out warm air (eg on 22 or above). After the car has been on for maybe 20 to 30 minutes (when the oil temperature gets to 90) the air then becomes cool firstly from the middle vents. If I turn up the temperature to 23 it will begin blowing hot air again but will soon cool down and if I repeat the steps the process continues. Could the blower motor be the problem, is the blower motor resister the problem or is it something else? I've been to a few garages but I don't think they've left the car on long enough to experience the problem. The cars blower motor was replaced 3 years ago when I purchased it and I wonder if they replaced the resistor as well as I know both should usually be done together. I do have a VAG com, would this help provide a clearer diagnosis?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has experienced the problem please let me know how you resolved it.

Thank you

Hi I don't think its the blower, I would be more inclined to replace the thermostat and have the cooling system flushed.

Steve.