Rear indicator fault

DarrenJC

Have the very common rear (inner) indicator failure message pop up over the last couple of days. probably due to moisture/all the rain we've had.

Intermittent fault, works for 5 or 6 times after turning car on then fault pops up again. Weird thing is the hazards seem to work fine when I put those on.

Have taken the light unit out and it was very wet around the gasket so I'm hoping a cheap fix will do it after a good dry and replacing the gasket. 

Failing that, I'll replace the unit but certainly won't be with a Valeo part £££

Gasket info below on Aliexpress for anyone who's looking for the same....if it works 🤣

Screenshot_2024-01-23-15-02-37-62_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Edited by DarrenJC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DarrenJC said:

Have the very common rear (inner) indicator failure message pop up over the last couple of days. probably due to moisture/all the rain we've had.

Intermittent fault, works for 5 or 6 times after turning car on then fault pops up again. Weird thing is the hazards seem to work fine when I put those on.

Have taken the light unit out and it was very wet around the gasket so I'm hoping a cheap fix will do it after a good dry and replacing the gasket. 

Failing that, I'll replace the unit but certainly won't be with a Valeo part £££

Gasket info below on Aliexpress for anyone who's looking for the same....if it works 🤣

Screenshot_2024-01-23-15-02-37-62_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Keep us posted on how you get on. I believe the hazards run off a different system even though the same indicators flash. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Keep us posted on how you get on. I believe the hazards run off a different system even though the same indicators flash. 

Would make sense then Steve. Will pop an update in here when I try the gasket. Just to wait about 6 weeks on delivery off AliExpress 🤣

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update: this seems to have worked. Took the unit out gave it a good wipe down and dry, put the new gasket in and haven't had any issues since. I've washed the car too so power washer over that area hasnt led to any water ingress. 

A cheap and painless repair. If only they were all like that.

• Like 1