Audi A5 B9 Service Schedule

CristianG13

Hi everyone,

On a 2018 A5, V6 TDI Quatro, the Audi app has all the additional work to be done depending on mileage(screenshot attached) in addition to the regular oil changes.

Is there any other preventive maintenance you would recommend to carry out?

Thank you,

Cristian

Screenshot_20240125_102821_myAudi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Please can I ask how you get this information?  Just bought a 2014 TDi and it's saying service due, but main car menu saying service not due for over 300 days??  Does this mean it's just due an oil change and major service in 300 days?

Thanks,

Mark.

39 minutes ago, Mark Mc said:

Please can I ask how you get this information?  Just bought a 2014 TDi and it's saying service due, but main car menu saying service not due for over 300 days??  Does this mean it's just due an oil change and major service in 300 days?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

I got the MyAudi app and under Services you can see Additional Work which tells you the serviceable items and milage for those.

For your 2nd question, I don't know what to tell you I'm afraid. I've only checked the previous work done on the car under its Service History and used the "Additional Work" section of MyAudi to know what's left to do on it..

Thank you,

Cristian

Hello Cristian,

Could you let us know what your annual mileage is, whether you are going to entrust the servicing to an Audi main dealer, trusted local garage, or are you DIYing it? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

13 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Cristian,

Could you let us know what your annual mileage is, whether you are going to entrust the servicing to an Audi main dealer, trusted local garage, or are you DIYing it? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

On average 10K/Year. I found a local garage with very positive reviews, focused on german cars. I had servicing and some work done with them, I was very happy with the service and I'll continue with them for the foreseeable.

Kind regards,

Cristian

Many thanks for the useful information Cristian. You can of course service ‘To the schedule’ or you can decide to service in such a way as to maximise the longevity of the car. 
My (DIY) regime is simple:- oil and filter every year, air and pollen filters every other year.
Does the garage you use have the facility to record their work on to the VAG service system? 
Do you know what brand filters they use? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Many thanks for the useful information Cristian. You can of course service ‘To the schedule’ or you can decide to service in such a way as to maximise the longevity of the car. 
My (DIY) regime is simple:- oil and filter every year, air and pollen filters every other year.
Does the garage you use have the facility to record their work on to the VAG service system? 
Do you know what brand filters they use? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi again,

Thanks for the insight. Yes, they do. So it'll be added to the online service history.

Brand wise, I am not entirely sure to be honest.

I think my biggest 'concern', if I can call it that, is around the quattro system. I was reading some older threads where people recommend servicing the diff as well

I couldn't find anything on this on any resources that came with the car. The handover doc from when the car was new mentioned some critical pieces of servicing (gearbox being the top one) but nothing on the diff.

Thank you,

Cristian