RS Etron GT

Steve at MillRoad

Hi

I have a  problem with all four tyres wearing on the inner side walls, causing them to wear thought to the  beading after 26,000 miles.

Tyre wear across tread is even all the way across with 3mm of tread left on all four tyres.

Audi have told me there is no known issues and have put it down to steering alignment. 

independent alignment check before Audi had it in, stated it was all within manufacturer settings.

Has any one else come across this 

Hello Steve,

Welcome and thanks for joining. 
Sorry to be a pain but I’m a little confused by ‘…wearing on the inner sidewalls..’ and ‘tyre wear across the tread is even all across…’. 
Can I take it your tyres are indeed wearing on the inner edges of the tread? 
If they are indeed wearing in this way then there is either suspension wear, or the alignment isn’t actually correct. If there is suspension wear then you cannot reasonably check the alignment. 
My experience of wheel alignment points me to having confidence in the ability of the equipment used to check to alignment, but often little confidence in the operator’s ability to use it successfully. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Good Evening Steve.

I have a E-Tron GT and my tyres seem OK. Albeit I haven't done too many miles yet. I was wondering as your GT is an RS could it be something to do with the air suspension?

Tony