2.0l TFSI chain lifespan vs miles?

parxuk

New owner of a 2018 Audi A4 Avant Sline with the 2.0 TFSI engine.

Car has a whopping 175k miles, but has been fantastically well looked after with full Audi service history. Purrs like a kitten without a single rattle. A real joy to drive.

Looking at the ongoing service requirements for the car, I note there is nothing stated about the chain as it is 'lifetime' but what does this actually mean? In the real world should I be looking at getting it replaced any time soon, only if it starts rattling, or might it actually last the life of the car?

If it needs replacing any idea of cost?

Sorry if silly question, but i'm not overly mechanically minded and would love to avoid a costly repair in the future (though also dont want to spend money where I dont have to).

Thanks

10 minutes ago, parxuk said:

New owner of a 2018 Audi A4 Avant Sline with the 2.0 TFSI engine.

Car has a whopping 175k miles, but has been fantastically well looked after with full Audi service history. Purrs like a kitten without a single rattle. A real joy to drive.

Looking at the ongoing service requirements for the car, I note there is nothing stated about the chain as it is 'lifetime' but what does this actually mean? In the real world should I be looking at getting it replaced any time soon, only if it starts rattling, or might it actually last the life of the car?

If it needs replacing any idea of cost?

Sorry if silly question, but i'm not overly mechanically minded and would love to avoid a costly repair in the future (though also dont want to spend money where I dont have to).

Thanks

Hi if the car has been service regularly there is no need to change the chain unless it is noisy, what is the lifetime of the car, how long is a piece of string!.

• Like 1