Coolant leak from above oil filter housing?

Expatty

Hello all,

I recently developed a coolant leak on my A4 B6 1.8t quattro. I first assumed it was the thermostat so I replaced it. Upon replacing it it seems I still had the leak. I tore everything out of the way in the engine bay again only to find this small hose has deteriorated. It goes from above the oil filter housing into the coolant system? I cant find the hose anywhere online, maybe I'm not searching the correct words. Can anyone help me?

image.thumb.jpeg.6df58a1049cb1e136065beec2ef4ade2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d43e8e07868ccdbb8d41dc51b630f6c9.jpeg

Thanks for the reply mate, I found an engine bay drawing and found the culprit. Its a crankcase oil breather hose. got the part number and ordered!

• Like 1

No you are right mate there isn't any coolant in that line, upon doing some digging I've realised thats what that was. Thanks for the assist and the tips mate I really appreciate it! I think I may not have cleaned the face of the block up enough when seating the thermostat and it's possibly leaking from the seal there. I'll keep looking after the parts come!

Edited by Expatty