newish Q5 - potential DPF issues?

audi999

I'm considering a newish Q5, 2022 or so and am vacillating between petrol and diesel. I'm aware of the usual points, short journeys/mileage etc. I'd be towing a horse trailer now and again, probably not that often. I am leaning towards a diesel as I think diesel suits SUVs and I'm aware that DPF issues were very common. However,  are things improved with later cars? Did Adblue make a difference? I'd appreciate any real world experiences/opinions

Edited by audi999

Think I'll give up expecting ay advice on this forum. Always plenty of views, but nobody seems to want to contribute anything. Disappointing.

Hello John,

I would like to apologise on behalf of the forum for the lack of response to your very valid and potentially helpful-to-others question. 
Yes, we would have expected Q5 forum member owners would have been happy and eager to share their experience, but disappointingly not so.

I don’t think that this forum is alone in respect of failure to help others, and the hard fact is that people join usually to seek help with issues they have, and having gathered that free advice, seldom stay around to help others. Regrettably, such is current human nature it seems, and I must admit, it doesn’t really fit well with my style, but it is what it is. 

So last appeal, and totally alien to my normal approach:- 

Q5 owners:- Can you sit on your backsides for 5 minutes and share your experiences with John?

Excuse the lack of please on this occasion - it’s a seldom used word on here anyway.
Apologies once again John.

Kind regards,

Gareth.  

4 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello John,

I would like to apologise on behalf of the forum for the lack of response to your very valid and potentially helpful-to-others question. 
Yes, we would have expected Q5 forum member owners would have been happy and eager to share their experience, but disappointingly not so.

I don’t think that this forum is alone in respect of failure to help others, and the hard fact is that people join usually to seek help with issues they have, and having gathered that free advice, seldom stay around to help others. Regrettably, such is current human nature it seems, and I must admit, it doesn’t really fit well with my style, but it is what it is. 

So last appeal, and totally alien to my normal approach:- 

Q5 owners:- Can you sit on your backsides for 5 minutes and share your experiences with John?

Excuse the lack of please on this occasion - it’s a seldom used word on here anyway.
Apologies once again John.

Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Thank you for that Gareth, I appreciate it. I was a member of the Lexus owners club forum for many years and had the opposite experience. People seemed happy to help out there and share their experience, as was I.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:42 PM, audi999 said:

I'm considering a newish Q5, 2022 or so and am vacillating between petrol and diesel. I'm aware of the usual points, short journeys/mileage etc. I'd be towing a horse trailer now and again, probably not that often. I am leaning towards a diesel as I think diesel suits SUVs and I'm aware that DPF issues were very common. However,  are things improved with later cars? Did Adblue make a difference? I'd appreciate any real world experiences/opinions

I have a 72 plate Q5 40tdi owned for 12 months and used mainly for longer journeys. Absolutely no DPF issues whatsoever. In addition prior to that I had 2 diesel Evoques and a Discovery sport again used mainly for long journeys between Cumbria and Northumberland. No issues at all on any of these. The Q5 gives me about 45mpg on most trips. The Evoques gave about 43mpg.  

• Like 2