Torsion values

Beany1

47 minutes ago, Beany1 said:

Got audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi bre 140 my torsion is -3.6 whats it supposed to be on this engine thanks 

Hi what on earth are you asking for, torsion bar ratings, Audi don't use them, not on about TORQUE ratings are we thats easily solved as its on the internet, the only way realtime to get exactly what your car is producing is give it a run on a dynamometer.

Hi no im talking about torsion value for camshaft on cambelt where you can adjust it by loosening the 3 bolts on cam i heard it supposed to be around 0 but mine is -3.6

We would guess so Jason, ( guess being the operative word),  but no doubt you will be well versed in how much ‘twist’  the belt can withstand when it has been correctly adjusted. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Jason,

Sounds like you have an handle on Beany’s issue and no doubt we can leave it in your capable hands to sort it out for him. 
Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Yes thank you jason exactly what im looking for when i get it to 0 how do i know its right and not out of range i heard when its at 0 and you rev the engine the number should move and if it stays at 0 and dont move its out of range thanks 

I checked it on vcds vagcom torsion showing -3.6 i have not touched the bolt or nothing yet and not looked for sticker on cam cover i will check in morning what should i look for on sticker 

If i dont find sticker on cam cover with value range for my engine how do i go about setting torsion what should i set it at thanks 

This is the only sticker i found on cam cover dont know if it means anything but i have found a remap tuning company that is gonna adjust the torsion value for me as they have all the diagnostic tool as i rang them and told them my torsion was at -3.6 he asked is it a pd engine it needs to at 0.0 or close to he booked me in for wednesday 50 pound to sort it out 

Ye apreciate it and thanks for all your help and advice jason and with my torsion being that far out what symptoms will i be getting 

Ye im getting vibration at idle and like slight rattling noise but drives good hope it sorts the problem out and thankyou very much jason