Year 2000 A4 65000 miles. What to do with it?!

moomaloo

Hi there. I’ve just signed up to post this. Mr father sadly passed away on Tuesday. He was 91 and his beloved A4 is still in his garage. I’m here staying with my mom (87) and we are wondering what to do with it… He owned it from new. It is taxed and MoT’d and has a genuine 65000 on the clock. I don’t know much about it to be honest. It’s an automatic and a 2 litre model with high spec for its day (I can check the exact details). It has a factory fitted electric sunroof and velour seats. 

So… what to do with it? No one in the family wants it and I’ve no idea if it’s worth anything or if it should just be scrapped..? Some honest advice would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks, Tim

Hello Tim,

We would normally welcome you to the forum, but that certainly wouldn’t be appropriate under your circumstances. What we can offer you and your mom is our sincere condolences on your Dad’s passing - they only make one, and they are irreplaceable if they could be exchanged. 

‘What to do with the car’? Can I recommend - nothing - until you have given the matter a good few coats of thinking about, unless there is some vacating urgency about it. 
Sleep on it for a couple or so weeks Tim, and then come back to us, and yes we can offer some suggestions which I’m sure will help you find it a good home. 

Meanwhile, I would be wary of any quick interest being shown, and perhaps concentrate the mind on what type of person your Dad may have wanted to be its next owner. 
Please keep in touch whenever you need to - if we can help, we will. 
Condolences and kind regards,

Gareth.