A5 Front "trim" loose?

wesn

Afternoon,

New to the forums so first time posting. Recently bought an A5 2019, and generally content with it. I've noticed today that one of the "trims" (for want of a better word) on the front to the right of the number plate, second trim down has come loose at the side. Will the whole row of "trim" need replacing or is it a case that it'll need some kind of resin or adhesive to put it back into place?

Thanks in advance.

20240303_164930.jpg

On 3/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, wesn said:

Afternoon,

New to the forums so first time posting. Recently bought an A5 2019, and generally content with it. I've noticed today that one of the "trims" (for want of a better word) on the front to the right of the number plate, second trim down has come loose at the side. Will the whole row of "trim" need replacing or is it a case that it'll need some kind of resin or adhesive to put it back into place?

Thanks in advance.

20240303_164930.jpg

Cheapest option would be to glue it back in place. As I'm sure Audi will want to sell you a new grill. 

Hello Wesley,

Judging by your photo, it seems the nearby vertical chrome trim is also coming away slightly. Slight impact damage? 
The displaced horizontal bar is now distorted, and any attempt to set in back into its original place/seating, may result in it being under stress. Only you would know that, by its resistance to seat where it should, so you would need to test that. 
If indeed it will be under stress then it would be wise to carefully heat it with a hair dryer and gently reshape it until  it’s happy to sit where it should. 
It would be well worth cleaning the area to be re-stuck with some meths beforehand. 
Once you are happy the trim will sit back comfortably where it was, you can stick it with Tigerseal adhesive sealer. Again it would be good to mask off the trim edge and surrounds, so that the excess Tigerseal does not stick where you don’t want it to. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks all.

After speaking to the dealership that sold the car to me, they are replacing the grill free of charge. Initial attempt to press it back in worked, but then it popped out again during the day, whilst the car was stationary. Following that, the trim wouldn't stay in. 

• Like 1