Low boost ?

dark-side

My sq5 has developed a low pressure boost fault after a serious fuel ( diesel ) leak. The injectors were all changed and the car seemed OK until about one month after. The glow plug indicator on the dash lights after after a long acceleration putting the car into limp mode. Two solenoids at the front of the engine have been changed after they failed a smoke test. One of these is to do with cooling and the other the main turbo. The problem still exists but it doesn't show when short burst of acceleration are used. Losing my mind with it now. Screenshot_20240219_114206_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.b2ea3458d794b8dc042daafc6f063bc6.jpg

34 minutes ago, dark-side said:

My sq5 has developed a low pressure boost fault after a serious fuel ( diesel ) leak. The injectors were all changed and the car seemed OK until about one month after. The glow plug indicator on the dash lights after after a long acceleration putting the car into limp mode. Two solenoids at the front of the engine have been changed after they failed a smoke test. One of these is to do with cooling and the other the main turbo. The problem still exists but it doesn't show when short burst of acceleration are used. Losing my mind with it now. Screenshot_20240219_114206_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.b2ea3458d794b8dc042daafc6f063bc6.jpg

Hi could well be a MAP/MAF sensor but thats an educated guess, you can't pin a fault down without scanning the car for codes, thats the golden key to unlocking your problems, from your description that prolonged acceleration causes this I would assume that one or more of the emissions sensors is breaking down, therefore a scan and reading of live data will pin point the cause.

Steve.