Main Beam.

The main beam is not working on Audi A3 S line, also the " Head lamp flasher" is not working. I have been told it's because the wrong head lamp's have been fitted. Can any one tell me is this is a possible cause and if so which head lamps do I need. Thank You. 

4 hours ago, jasonj said:

Hi Colin ,

1: What sort of Headlight Bulb did you use ? 

2: Do the Hazard warning Lights work ?

3: Did you replace  them or was it someone else ?

4: What sort of lights does this vehicle Have .

4a: Standard Halogen 

4b: I would Suggest  that the one you may need is H 4 which is Twin Filament so operates High and Low Beam

4c:   Ref only   (  I would imagine the one you currently Have is H7 ? ) 

if you look on the base there is a Code that tells you what bulb is .

**So You need H4 Headlight Bulb . Jasonj

Even if you are trying to fit an H4 bulb in to an H7 mounting, the mountings are completely different and so are the connections, one uses twin prong connections and the other uses try prong connections, while you are there why not think of something else he can buy as an ornament.

5 hours ago, Sheffield Col said:

The main beam is not working on Audi A3 S line, also the " Head lamp flasher" is not working. I have been told it's because the wrong head lamp's have been fitted. Can any one tell me is this is a possible cause and if so which head lamps do I need. Thank You. 

Hi Colin it would be better to establish if these are original headlights or retrofit/aftermarket, the way to do this is inspect the top of the units with the bonnet up, if they are factory there will be a sticker on top with the part code if thats present it may well be as simple as a wiring fault, please post some pictures that would be a great help.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hi, many thanks for the replies, the car is not actually mine, it belongs to my GF. I will have a look first chance I get and see what bulb's are fitted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheffield Col said:

Hi, many thanks for the replies, the car is not actually mine, it belongs to my GF. I will have a look first chance I get and see what bulb's are fitted. 

Hi Colin, if she is anything like my missus the nagging is off the Richter scale, please if possible post some pics, I imagine from your first post it could be something as simple as a bad earth.

Steve.