1990 Audi coupe E rear window rubber seal

PeteKS

Hi, does anyone know if there is meant to be a full all round rubber seal for the back window of a 1990 Audi coupe? I have taken window out to re fit and there appears to be a top and bottom rubber seal amongst the bonding?? I presume it’s meant to have a rubber trim all round? 
thanks.

IMG_3673.jpeg

hi pete,ive a 95 coupe and it has the rubber all around the window,

greg

• Like 1

Thanks Greg,

I will try and find a replacement online somewhere? Is yours visible around the glass? Mine didn’t appear to be! 

• Like 1

im not 100% sure are we talking about the same rubber,if you put up a pic ill compare it to mine this evening,Greg

So there appears to be two diff rubber seals, one each side of window which are intact (abt 18mm wide), these appear ok. I imagine glass sits on top of these with bonding to side of it.

The other is the one that appears to run across the top edge and down both sides (10mm w), this is now in three pieces! It has a slight groove maybe where glass sits in it? So this is the one in question, what does it actually do/do I need to replace it? From my orig pic of car before window came out this rubber isn’t visible! 
I’ll inc pics. 

IMG_5296.jpeg

IMG_5295.jpeg

IMG_5294.jpeg

IMG_5291.jpeg

i checked mine,theres rubber fitted on the top and bottom but the the sides have none,it sits onto the rubber seal thats around the boot,i hope this helps.Greg