B8 allroad manual gearbox and transmission fluid change

Mark b7

Hello I can’t seem to find information on changing manual gearbox oil if needs it car done 165000 and it’s 2012 model also need information on the Quattro system for me to get it serviced is it just a transmission fluid change .

20 hours ago, Mark b7 said:

Hello I can’t seem to find information on changing manual gearbox oil if needs it car done 165000 and it’s 2012 model also need information on the Quattro system for me to get it serviced is it just a transmission fluid change .

Hi Mark, the gearbox oil change is easy enough drain plug at the bottom filler on the side, the trick bit is making sure you undo the filler plug first as they tend to be a real sod to get out if you drain it first and then can't get the filler out you are up poo creek, the Haldex is a different matter as you need the kit with the filter and oil, a word to the wise Haldex pumps have a filter screen on the pump so its worth taking it out and cleaning, on replacement put new seals on the entry neck of the pump or it will leak.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Steve thankyou for your comment I wasn’t sure if it had the haldex system fitted to my car it’s a Audi A4 allroad 2012 20 tdi .

22 hours ago, Mark b7 said:

Hi Steve thankyou for your comment I wasn’t sure if it had the haldex system fitted to my car it’s a Audi A4 allroad 2012 20 tdi .

Hi if its four wheel drive most definitely.

Steve.