Rattle noise from driver side door

Mrisir

Hi all,

I’ve noticed recently that when I drive my audi, i hear a weird buzz/rattling noise from the lower side of the driver door when going over 30mph. It sounds like its near the speaker (this noise also happens when nothing played on the stereo). Sounds like something is lose/vibrating then stops when i slow down.

I’ve checked the speaker grill is not lose. Checked the metal strip underneath the speaker grill. Even checked to see if the puddle light is lose but still hear it…any ideas what it could be?

Thanks 🙏 

hi imran,id be removing the door car and check is there something loose or if someone previously changed the window reg they may not have put it back properly or maybe left a nut or washer in the door panel.Greg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coupe4 said:

hi imran,id be removing the door car and check is there something loose or if someone previously changed the window reg they may not have put it back properly or maybe left a nut or washer in the door panel.Greg

Hi greg,

thanks for your response. That sounds very sensible. Is there a guide you know of or any documentation I can follow to remove the car door?

thanks

no problem,i know on the a6 of the same year its fairly straightforward,

you need to remove the plastic strip that runs back from the door handle,theres 3 bolts there and then theres 2more down onthe panel where the switch is for the elec window.

maybe google it and itll show you clearly.Greg

• Like 1