what oil to use for a AudiA3 Sportback 2019 1.0 Petrol

alexA

Hello Alex,

As Cliff says. 
So are you saying you haven’t got, or can’t get, a hard copy of the owner’s handbook? That would surprise me. 
It used to be 5w 30, but you would need to check that, either by  obtaining a copy of the handbook, or buying a litre of the correct oil at your local dealer. 
As well as needing to know the grade, you will also need to know the VAG specification within that grade - used to be …..504?. from memory, so don’t quote me on that. 

Do you need this oil to top up, or do you want it to do an oil change?

If the latter, then I always use the VAG brand by Quantum - available from a number of eBay suppliers. 
Perhaps you could come back to us. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi so I have the owners manual and an online one as well, both don't state the oil as the books are just for a3 class and don't state the oil to use. odd  I know but from the link provided they all just use w5 -30 anyway cheers cliffcoggin 

Thanks Alex,

You just won’t go wrong then using VAG’s Quantum Longlife 3 5w/30. 
I think it may well be on Amazon as well now, but certainly available from a few eBay sellers. 
What make filter was you thinking of using Alex?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

OK Alex,

Mann filters will be fine. I don’t know whether this particular number is correct for your engine, so you will need to pass your registration number on to the supplier for confirmation. Who are you getting it from? 
Oil grade? 
It surprises me that your printed copy of the handbook doesn’t recommend the correct oil grade and specification for your year, model and engine, but for the final result, just go in (rather than telephone) to your local main dealer’s Parts Dept. and ask to buy 1 ltr of the correct oil for your model, and engine. Obviously go armed with your registration number, and the VIN incase needed. 
Let us know what they come up with. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

4 hours ago, alexA said:

MANN-FILTER Oil Filter  was recommended this.  i also use some other sights they all recommended 0W-20 oil 

Hi if the car is a late 19 that would be the correct grade of oil to use, they started that with the later engines as its something to do with the emissions and the fact that the later engines run a wet belt for the oil pump drive.

Steve.

• Like 1