AUDI A1 1.6 TDI EGR FAULT AFTER REPLACEMENT

Bjamesa197

Good evening, i have recently just replaced my egr unit due to the code p403, i have now replaced with a brand new borgwarner unit, was no vw units in stock.

I'm now receiving code p407 circuit low, do i have to adapt the new egr into my ecm? or does it do it automatically, i cant find a pinout for the wiring to test if its the wiring, Honestly so close to getting rid of the car as spares or repairs, its currently listed on eBay but would love to be able to fix it first and sell it as a working car, please any pointers would be greatly appreciated ive run out of ideas.

14 minutes ago, Bjamesa197 said:

Good evening, i have recently just replaced my egr unit due to the code p403, i have now replaced with a brand new borgwarner unit, was no vw units in stock.

I'm now receiving code p407 circuit low, do i have to adapt the new egr into my ecm? or does it do it automatically, i cant find a pinout for the wiring to test if its the wiring, Honestly so close to getting rid of the car as spares or repairs, its currently listed on eBay but would love to be able to fix it first and sell it as a working car, please any pointers would be greatly appreciated ive run out of ideas.

Hi yes you do have to relearn a new unit, but it would suggest a wiring fault easy enough to check visualy, but if its done loads of miles it might just be better to let it go rather than drive yourself nuts and spend money trying to cure a problem  that solved might only net you another £100.

Steve.

if only i could find a pinout diagram i could check wires etc.... seems to be no useful info on these 1.6 tdi engines anywhere online. Wiring seems to look good, i put a new plug on for the egr as the prior ones tab had snapped off, triple checked wiring is in the same place as the oem plug