Coolant level below min.

I've owned the car for a few weeks now and I've just noticed the coolant is below the minimum level, it's pink but clear, the car doesn't over heat as I drove home after buying it for over an hour and there were no issues. Can I add coolant to what's already in it or should I avoid mixing coolants and flush it out and refill. 

As you've had it a week and if bought from a dealer then I'd recommend getting it back to them asap. As you are entitled to a full refund or for them to repair the vehicle FOC in the first 30 days of purchase. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately it was a private sale, there haven't been any other problems yet, and it's not causing an issue as I'm using it every day. I'll keep an eye on it and try to see if there's any leaks.

On 3/19/2024 at 7:44 PM, stubby205 said:

Unfortunately it was a private sale, there haven't been any other problems yet, and it's not causing an issue as I'm using it every day. I'll keep an eye on it and try to see if there's any leaks.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Hello John,

To answer your question on topping up, you need to buy a small quantity of pink OAT (concentrated) coolant and mix it 50/50 with water, and use this to top up when cold. If you are uncertain, you will not do any harm topping up with water, until you establish where the leak is - and it’s important that you find that leak site.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on John.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

I will do thanks, I just need to find time to get in there and see if and where its leaking from. Thanks for the replys and I'll get it topped up ASAP 👍

15 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello John,

To answer your question on topping up, you need to buy a small quantity of pink OAT (concentrated) coolant and mix it 50/50 with water, and use this to top up when cold. If you are uncertain, you will not do any harm topping up with water, until you establish where the leak is - and it’s important that you find that leak site.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on John.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thankyou I appreciate it, i will fill it today. I did get some pink coolant, oat but then I read it needs to be g12 and it doesn't say g12 on it so I assumed I'd got the wrong stuff. I haven't returned it yet, would this be ok to top it up?

4 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Don’t run this car with a low coolant level John. Recipe for disaster.