Air Suspension Issue - C104600 & 00471

Fault codes C104600 (level control system) & 00471 Electronic Damping Control Module
I recently carried a heavy load of wood in my RS6 C7 and since then have had some suspension problems, I'm getting codes C104600 Level Control System & 00471 Electronic Damping Control Module. I've been trouble shooting / reading / watching / scanning and researching for a few days and have a few questions regarding my findings.
I bought an OBDEleven and when looking at the live data in the "Chassis Control" module I can see erratic voltage (from 0 - 14v) at the Solen.Valve.Block and I am wondering if this means the block is at fault or the control unit supplying volts to the block?
I am trying to rule out which component(s) are at fault - a common fault is the air compressor but I get no codes relating to over heating or cut offs so I am assuming this would show in the scan? I've also checked all 4 corners and can verify the level sensors are not seized / broken
Any help / advice would be really appreciated

Hello Phil,

In the absence of any other replies so far, my stab at it would also have been to consider level sensor/s, and the most common - compressor issues. I would be guessing beyond that. 
A good contact for all air suspension components and issues would be ‘Bagpiping Andy’ - should be found via an eBay search for air suspension compressor piston rings. 
Might well be worth seeing what he can suggest. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

thanks for taking the time to respond Gareth. I am doing more troubleshooting today but cant stop thinking that the erratic voltage to the solenoid block may be the cause of my issues. What I noticed yesterday was......clear the codes and the solenoid reads 12v....start the car it gives an "Car too low - controlling level" (still 12v going to solenoid) then a few warning lights "Air Suspension fault - max speed 35mph) at that point the voltage reading to the solenoid goes crazy

I'm spending some time today on the compressor - wish me luck 😂

Thanks Phil,

Not sure on the Chassis Control module, but might be worthwhile passing it passed Andy. 
Compressor and luck - is it reasonably accessible? If so, you shouldn’t need much luck. Now the X350 Jaguar would be a completely different story!

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Think I found the reason for my erratic voltage - I tested the compressor which works fine so I made a new plug and will be refitting tomorrow - hopefully the end of my suspension head ache

IMG_2479.jpg

• Like 1